Mark Sherlock, who co-manages the Hermes US SMID fund alongside Robert Anstey, says shale gas is changing the face of the US economy and breathing new life into states that were overlooked in the last few decades of economic growth.
Fund managers in the news today
Asia from the outside: an EMD expert on handling new viewpoints
Singapore-based Prashant Singh encountered waves of pessimism during his European tour but here he reveals why Asia's outlook warrants more optimism, even when it comes to China.
Comment and analysis
- Michael Lipper: the four most crowded trades in today's market
- Michael Lipper: selecting by market cap can be a trap
- Michael Lipper: why no ‘all time’ growth stocks exists
- Investment comment: why I’m not worried about First State
- EM insider: there may be trouble ahead but keep your powder dry
- Michael Lipper: three clues to identifying a sustainable growth stock